Diocese of Yakima
SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING FOR FACILITATORS
Friday, October 20th
8:00 AM -12:00 PM
Location: Diocese of Yakima,
5301-A Tieton Drive
Yakima, WA 98908
Safe Environment Training
The Diocese of Yakima would like to make an invitation to individuals who would like to serve as facilitators for the VIRTUS Safe Environment Program. A training session is scheduled for Friday, October 20th at the Pastoral Center of the Diocese of Yakima. The training will be led by Msgr. Robert Siler, Episcopal Vicar and Chancellor.
These VIRTUS sessions play a valuable role in raising community awareness of child sexual abuse. There is an ongoing need for trained facilitators who can conduct VIRTUS sessions for new parish and school employees as well as for new volunteers who have either regular or unsupervised contact with minors. Our focus and priority this summer is to train facilitators in parishes and schools which do not presently have a facilitator. Volunteers with unsupervised, ongoing access to minors and youth and vulnerable adults are required to complete the Protecting God’s Children Safe Environment training program.
REQUIREMENTS TO SERVE AS A VOLUNTEER FACILITATOR:
1. Applicants must have attended VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training as a prerequisite for facilitator training.
2. Applicants need to submit the following information by October 18, 2017:
- A completed including an email address;
- A letter of reference from the pastor or canonically-approved administrator of the parish or school where the trainee applicant volunteers or works; and
- A signed diocesan Safe Environment Policies Acknowledgement form.
Lunch will be served. Snacks and beverages will be available throughout the session. There is no cost for the training. Additional information will be given to those who register. All participants must preregister for the training by no later than Wednesday, October 18th. To register, please visit www.virtusonline.org .
Children are not permitted, and childcare is not provided at this session. We look forward to seeing you there and becoming partners together in providing a safer environment for children.