Those who work in the Tribunal are mindful that behind all the paperwork is a person who is on a journey; and, this person wants to be welcomed, wants to heal some past mistakes, wants to reconcile with his/her Church and wants to be able to practice the faith in a way that is most meaningful to him/her. Tribunal ministry is a sharing in that journey; our ultimate goal is the salvation of souls which must always be the uncompromised mission of the Church.
- The Tribunal offers peace and healing to those suffering from a broken marriage.
- The Declaration of Nullity Process is for those who are seeking a new marriage in the church or want to bring closure to a previous marriage.
- The Tribunal is here to guide and support those in need of this important ministry every step of the way.
- Spiritual support is offered by our priests throughout the diocese.
- Referrals are made for those who need professional counseling.
- There is a fee for this process depending on the type of case.
In the Diocese of Yakima, this ministry, entrusted to the bishop in his role as chief Shepherd and Judge of the people entrusted to his care, is delegated to the Tribunal. This office is staffed by priests, deacons, religious and lay persons trained in Canon Law, together with their support staff.
After reviewing the content of this site, if we can be of further assistance, please contact us at the Tribunal of Canonical Concerns at the Diocese of Yakima Pastoral Center at Toll-free 1-800-505-6610 or 509-965-7123. Fax 509-965-9435.
Bilingual Tribunal Assistant/Notary
Direct any request for a Declaration of Nullity Process (Annulment) Service to:
|Very Rev. Michael J. Ibach, JCL
Judicial Vicar/Ecclesiastical Judge
|Rev. David Jiménez, JCL
Adjutant Judicial Vicar/Ecclesiastical Judge
Address: 5301-D Tieton Dr., Yakima, WA 98908