El sábado, 27 de agosto de 2016 el ministerio "Cristo Vive" de East Wenatchee estaran compartiendo un taller de iniciacion en la parroquia San José de Sunnyside. Reserve esta fecha en su calendario para que pueda asistir. Este taller es para toda la familia. No se arrepentira! Jesús sacramentado te espera. Para mas información contacte a Miguel Cipres al 509-264-5213 o Marisela Garcia al 509-305-1805.
On Saturday, August 27 the ministry 'Cristo Vive’ Long Live Christ from East Wenatchee are organizing a workshop of initiation in St. Joseph Parish. Reserve this date on your calendar so you can attend. This workshop is for the whole family & in Spanish. You will not regret this experience! For more information contact Miguel Cipres at 509-264-5213 or Marisela Garcia 509-305-1805.
The Parish Outreach Coordinator is responsible for integrating parish community life with the principles of Catholic Social Teaching on behalf of Catholic Charities. This is facilitated by connecting the needs of the community with the time, talent, and treasure of the parish community. This position works closely with the Bishop’s Office of the Diocese of Yakima. Please click here for more information.
Parishes in our Diocese will hold the collection for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) the weekend of July 16-17. The programs funded by CCHD, including the PREPARES initiative in the state of Washington, help to change the lives of the 46.2 million people living in poverty here in the United States. Your donation will empower local communities and strengthen families that are on the margins. People with disabilities will find affordable and supportive housing, men and women reentering society after incarceration will have the opportunity to learn new skills, and community agriculture projects will receive grants to become sustainable. The unborn will have a greater chance to be born, and to receive the developmental support they need to age 5. Please help us continue this good work by supporting the collection for CCHD. Resources for the collection include:
Bulletin Announcements: English and Spanish
Pulpit Announcement: English and Spanish
Ride D’Vine Coming in August. Sign up Now for Scenic Bike Ride
Catholic Charities Housing Services will host its 4th annual Ride D' Vine bicycling event on Saturday, August 13, 2016. This scenic ride from Yakima to Zillah through hop fields, orchards and vineyards, includes wine tasting and lunch. Routes of 25, 50 and 70 miles are available. Visit www.cchsyakima.org to learn more and to register!
Borrowing from the beauty of our Yakima Valley, Ride D’Vine will begin at Sarg Hubbard Park and travel along the Yakima Greenway, through hop fields and up Konnowac Pass, meandering along the ridge top, and then winding through apple and cherry orchards and vineyards. Participants can stop at local wineries on the outskirts of Zillah to enjoy wine tasting and sight-seeing.
Let others know about the ride, too, and help spread the word about this fund-raising event, which will benefit the efforts of Catholic Charities Housing Services to provide affordable housing to those in need!
Diocese of Yakima Diócesis de Yakima PRIESTS vs. SEMINARIANS
FUNDRAISER SOCCER MATCH
Partido de Futbol para Recaudar Fondos
SUNDAY AUGUST 7 2016
DOMINGO, 7 AGOSTO 2016
Marquette Stadium- 5400 W. ChestnutAve Yakima
5:00pm Gates open / Puertas abren
6:00pm Game Starts / El juego comienza
All proceeds of this fundraiser from sales of drinks and food will help support Seminarian Education.
Please note there will be no outside food or drink allowed.
Todas las ganancias de la recaudación de la comida y bebidas ayudarán a la educación de los seminaristas. No será permitido ingresar alimentos o bebidas.
Bishop Joseph Tyson has announced the following changes in priest assignments, beginning in June:
1) Rev. Jorge Granados, pastor of Our Lady of the Desert Parish in Mattawa, will become parochial vicar of Saint Aloysius Parish in Toppenish, effective August 8, 2016.
2) Rev. Alejandro Trejo, pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish in Cashmere and Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Leavenworth, will become pastor of Our Lady of the Desert Parish in Mattawa effective August 8, 2016.
3) Rev. Miguel González, pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Ephrata, will become pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish in Cashmere and Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Leavenworth, effective August 8, 2016. From June 6 to August 8 he will assist at St. Paul Cathedral and in other parishes.
4) Rev. Mauricio Muñoz, parochial vicar of St. Paul Cathedral in Yakima, will become pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Ephrata effective June 6, 2016.
5) Rev. Juan Flores, now on temporary assignment at St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick, will become parochial vicar of St. Paul Cathedral in Yakima effective July 1, 2016.
6) Rev. Tomás Vásquez, pastor of St. Andrew Parish in Ellensburg, will become pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick effective July 1, 2016.
7) Rev. Richard Sedlacek, pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick, will become pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Selah effective July 1, 2016.
8) Rev. David Jimenez, pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Selah, will become pastor of St. Peter Claver Parish in Wapato effective July 1, 2016.
9) Rev. Juan Godina, pastor of St. Peter Claver Parish in Wapato, will become pastor of St. Andrew Parish in Ellensburg effective July 1, 2016.
10) Rev. Jacob Davis, parochial vicar of Blessed Sacrament Parish in Grandview, will become parochial vicar of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick effective July 1, 2016.
11) Rev. Roleto Amoy, parochial vicar of Christ the King Parish in Richland, will become parochial vicar of Blessed Sacrament Parish in Grandview effective August 13, 2016.
12) Deacon Dan Steele, who will be ordained to the priesthood May 27, will become parochial vicar of Christ the King Parish in Richland effective August 13, 2016, following summer studies at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, Illinois.
13) Deacon Peter Steele, who will be ordained to the priesthood May 27, will become parochial vicar of St. Joseph Parish in Yakima effective August 13, 2016, following summer studies at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, Illinois.
Bishop Tyson thanks these fine priests for their continued service to the Church. Let us keep them in our prayers.
It gives us great joy to invite you to join us on an unforgettable journey of faith. When Pope Francis announced the Jubilee Year of Mercy, we knew this was the time to lead a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Poland in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Click here for brochure and registration information
This trip will be much more than a vacation; it will be a pilgrimage, a journey of the heart shared with good companions. We offered this opportunity to our youth from our Diocese for World Youth Day and we want to offer the same diocesan opportunity for adults. Pilgrimages help us to renew and revitalize to become more Christ-centered pilgrims in daily life.
We start with Prague, one of the most beautifully preserved cities in Europe, spruced up since its days under communism. We will visit the shrine to the Infant of Prague and much more.
Then we continue to Poland. We have customized this tour to feature the lives of St. John Paul II, St. Faustina and Blessed Jerzy Popieluszko. Imagine standing on the same ground where steadfast members of our Church confronted religious persecution with such admirable courage and faith. Not only will we be inspired by their lives, we will grow in appreciation for the religious and cultural traditions from which these saints came. We will be celebrating Divine Mercy that has not only refused to be extinguished in Poland but has become a devotion to inspire the whole Church.
In solidarity with the crosses the Polish people have carried, we will visit the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz, where St. Edith Stein and St. Maximilian Kolbe gave their lives. To lift our spirits, we will visit Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, and the Divine Mercy Shrine itself.
We will celebrate Mass daily in addition to praying together and getting to experience the local culture and cuisine. Together we will visit unforgettable places, take time for prayerful reflection, learn a lot, and have fun. There is limited capacity on the tour bus, so we encourage you to register quickly as we expect this trip to fill up soon. We look forward to traveling with you on this journey of faith, making new friends and new memories to last a lifetime.
Bishop Joseph Tyson
Rev. Dan G. Dufner
Rev. Felipe Pulido