Bishop Joseph Tyson has announced the following changes in priest assignments, beginning in June:
1) Rev. Jorge Granados, pastor of Our Lady of the Desert Parish in Mattawa, will become parochial vicar of Saint Aloysius Parish in Toppenish, effective August 8, 2016.
2) Rev. Alejandro Trejo, pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish in Cashmere and Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Leavenworth, will become pastor of Our Lady of the Desert Parish in Mattawa effective August 8, 2016.
3) Rev. Miguel González, pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Ephrata, will become pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish in Cashmere and Our Lady of the Snows Parish in Leavenworth, effective August 8, 2016. From June 6 to August 8 he will assist at St. Paul Cathedral and in other parishes.
4) Rev. Mauricio Muñoz, parochial vicar of St. Paul Cathedral in Yakima, will become pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Ephrata effective June 6, 2016.
5) Rev. Juan Flores, now on temporary assignment at St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick, will become parochial vicar of St. Paul Cathedral in Yakima effective July 1, 2016.
6) Rev. Tomás Vásquez, pastor of St. Andrew Parish in Ellensburg, will become pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick effective July 1, 2016.
7) Rev. Richard Sedlacek, pastor of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick, will become pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Selah effective July 1, 2016.
8) Rev. David Jimenez, pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Selah, will become pastor of St. Peter Claver Parish in Wapato effective July 1, 2016.
9) Rev. Juan Godina, pastor of St. Peter Claver Parish in Wapato, will become pastor of St. Andrew Parish in Ellensburg effective July 1, 2016.
10) Rev. Jacob Davis, parochial vicar of Blessed Sacrament Parish in Grandview, will become parochial vicar of St. Joseph Parish in Kennewick effective July 1, 2016.
11) Rev. Roleto Amoy, parochial vicar of Christ the King Parish in Richland, will become parochial vicar of Blessed Sacrament Parish in Grandview effective August 13, 2016.
12) Deacon Dan Steele, who will be ordained to the priesthood May 27, will become parochial vicar of Christ the King Parish in Richland effective August 13, 2016, following summer studies at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, Illinois.
13) Deacon Peter Steele, who will be ordained to the priesthood May 27, will become parochial vicar of St. Joseph Parish in Yakima effective August 13, 2016, following summer studies at St. Mary of the Lake Seminary in Mundelein, Illinois.
Bishop Tyson thanks these fine priests for their continued service to the Church. Let us keep them in our prayers.
It gives us great joy to invite you to join us on an unforgettable journey of faith. When Pope Francis announced the Jubilee Year of Mercy, we knew this was the time to lead a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Divine Mercy in Poland in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Click here for brochure and registration information
This trip will be much more than a vacation; it will be a pilgrimage, a journey of the heart shared with good companions. We offered this opportunity to our youth from our Diocese for World Youth Day and we want to offer the same diocesan opportunity for adults. Pilgrimages help us to renew and revitalize to become more Christ-centered pilgrims in daily life.
We start with Prague, one of the most beautifully preserved cities in Europe, spruced up since its days under communism. We will visit the shrine to the Infant of Prague and much more.
Then we continue to Poland. We have customized this tour to feature the lives of St. John Paul II, St. Faustina and Blessed Jerzy Popieluszko. Imagine standing on the same ground where steadfast members of our Church confronted religious persecution with such admirable courage and faith. Not only will we be inspired by their lives, we will grow in appreciation for the religious and cultural traditions from which these saints came. We will be celebrating Divine Mercy that has not only refused to be extinguished in Poland but has become a devotion to inspire the whole Church.
In solidarity with the crosses the Polish people have carried, we will visit the Nazi concentration camp of Auschwitz, where St. Edith Stein and St. Maximilian Kolbe gave their lives. To lift our spirits, we will visit Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, and the Divine Mercy Shrine itself.
We will celebrate Mass daily in addition to praying together and getting to experience the local culture and cuisine. Together we will visit unforgettable places, take time for prayerful reflection, learn a lot, and have fun. There is limited capacity on the tour bus, so we encourage you to register quickly as we expect this trip to fill up soon. We look forward to traveling with you on this journey of faith, making new friends and new memories to last a lifetime.
Bishop Joseph Tyson
Rev. Dan G. Dufner
Rev. Felipe Pulido
Diocese of Yakima Parish Leadership Training Day
SATURDAY, JUNE 4TH
Holy Family Gathering Hall, 5315 Tieton Drive- Yakima
CWCF Seeking Part-time Administrative Assistant
The Central Washington Catholic Foundation is seeking a permanent, part-time Administrative Assistant with flexible hours. The successful candidate will possess superior office, critical thinking and customer service skills. The CWCF mission is to provide enduring support for Catholic education in Central Washington. Applications will be accepted until May 4, 2016. Send a cover letter and resume to:
Central Washington Catholic Foundation, 5301 Tieton Drive, Ste F, Yakima, WA 98908.
Catholic End-of-Life Planning Seminars
Death is a subject most people don't usually wish to talk about, but communicating final wishes to loved ones is vital, especially when we do not know where family members will be in terms of faith. Join us as we hear from experts about how making decisions while we are healthy and able can ease the pain for our families while ensuring that our choices are honored and our loved ones protected.
May 18 Richland Christ the King Parish
May 24 Quincy St. Pius X Parish
May 25 Yakima St. Joseph Parish
May 26 Wenatchee St. Joseph Parish
May 13, 2016
Diocese of Yakima Youth Ministers Retreat (Easton, WA)
May 27, 2016
Ordination to the Priesthood of Deacon Daniel and Peter Steele (St. Paul Cathedral, Yakima)
June 4, 2016
Parish Leadership Day and Appreciation Lunch (Holy Family Gathering Hall, Yakima)
August 1-3, 2016
Quo Vadis Days (Ellensburg, WA)
August 7, 2016
Priests vs. Seminarian Soccer Game (Marquette Stadium, Yakima)
October 15, 2016
Church Mission Congress (Holy Family, Yakima)